When Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes applied himself to a difficult case, he famously utilized his powers of deduction. Holmes assembled and examined the facts before him and employed a ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
At Bankers Hall Chiropractic in Downtown Calgary, we draw upon a wide range of proven treatments to safely and effectively treat many muscosketal conditions, such as neck pain and back pain. Our practice incorporates the best of Western and Eastern medicine to relieve pain and improve our patients’ lives without the need for invasive surgery or risky prescription drugs. We incorporate our patients as partners in all phases of their treatment. Successful chiropractic therapy requires a patient who’s involved in their healing and satisfied with its outcome.
Some of the conditions we treat include:
– Whiplash often occurs as the result of a vehicle accident. Despite the use of a seatbelt, when a vehicle’s rear ended, you can jerk violently backward and then forward. This can leave lingering, severe back and neck pain. If the pain doesn't respond in a few weeks to traditional remedies, chiropractic treatment can often help.
– Often these are localized, caused by overstressing muscles, and fade within a few days. Systemic neck and back pain, though, can be chronic. Neck and back pain can have many sources, from repetitive strain injury to ongoing conditions such as chronic fatigue syndrome or the effects of certain medications. Chiropractic adjustment can help alleviate neck and pain.
– Carpal Tunnel comes from a pinched nerve in the wrist. Its symptoms are numbness and tingling of the area, a feeling which can move up your arm. If untreated, it can cause weakness in your hand, causing you to drop things. It can also cause sleeplessness. Once properly diagnosed, Carpel Tunnel responds well to chiropractic treatment.
– Our muscles are attached to our bones by thick fibrous cords called tendons. Straining or overusing a joint can result in tendinitis, a pain or tenderness around the affected joint. It’s a common injury, typically defined by its location: tennis or golfer’s elbow, jumper’s knee, pitcher’s or swimmer’s shoulder. Most cases responded well to chiropractic therapy.
– Pain in or around the knee joint can be caused by injury to the surrounding soft tissues, such as tendons or ligaments. Knee pain ranges from the occasional twinge to debilitating pain that requires ongoing treatment.
– Recognized by their symptoms. A tension headache’s like having a tight band around your head. Sometimes it’s just distracting, sometimes moderately painful. Migraines are far more debilitating. They’re a painful throbbing in one part of the head, often accompanied by nausea, vomiting and dizziness. Though neither condition responds reliably to medication, lifestyle changes and chiropractic therapy can be effective.
– These can be caused by inflammation of any of the soft tissues in the feet. Plantar fasciitis comes from stress on the plantar fascia, the connective tissue that runs from your toes to your heel bone. It’s a sharp stabbing pain in the foot. These both respond well to therapy, with correct footwear and sometimes a change in lifestyle sometimes needed.
To learn more about the chiropractic treatments and services that we provide at Bankers Hall Chiropractic in Downtown Calgary call us today at (403) 243-0111.